Re: [oletrucks] tie rod ends

To: bill.hanlon@hp.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tie rod ends
From: Mask1966@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 20:18:57 EDT
In a message dated 5/27/2003 2:48:31 PM Central Standard Time,
bill.hanlon@hp.com writes:

> Just out of curiosity, does anyone know the installation procedure for a
> new ball if one could be found?  Is there any advantage of the ball over the
> newer type joint?

I think the replacement balls have a threaded shaft with nut for attaching.
A new ball and other components will not compare with the newer style tie rod
ends.  If non-original is OK, I'd go with the newer style.  Just my opinion.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100 5 window
'65 C-10 stepside
Wichita Falls, TX