RE: [oletrucks] back to the real world...GMC parts

To: "Oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] back to the real world...GMC parts
From: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 17:10:43 -0600
Mark

I have 2 or 3 sets of used front park assemblies. One set came out of a tow
truck and have been painted over. Unfortunately they are in my parents
basement, 800 miles away, near where my truck is being restored. From memory
they were not badly cracked, but have a 20 year old coat of paint on them.

I have a set of NOS that I was hoping to use for a template to have some CNC
machined. When I looked into having this done it was financially out of my
league. So the NOS set are in my truck now.

Take a look at my web page (address in my signature). If you click on the 59
GMC link you will see my truck before restoration. The lights that are there
would also be for sale (they are also 800 miles away). These lights have
been taken apart and NOS plastic replaced. If you click on May 2003 you can
see the NOS set in my chromed grill. Take a look at my parts truck under 59
GMC, this truck has a grill, but it has a few dents. I would imagine yours
is better.

I was able to piece a set of NOS lights together on Ebay for about $350-400,
but it took me 2 - 3 years. I'm not sure if you shop on Ebay, but a right
side frame sold last week for $152.50. The last left side frame sold for
$127.50, but the left frame before that sold for over $500, and that was
just the frame (the plastic tear dropped piece).

If you could find someone selling a complete NOS set I think they would want
$600 or more.

Do you have any parts for front signal lights?

If you are interested in used frames, let me know I have a set in the
basement that I could take a picture of and we could discuss price. The
other parts are at my parents and I will be making a trip there this summer.
I do not think I can email you pictures of them until mid August.

Just to give you an idea, going from the condition by memory, I would
probably want $125 US for the frames I have here, and a complete used set
for $175 - 200 for the best used complete set of the bunch I have left.

Blaine Dumkee
Fort Smith NT
Canada
 http://photos.yahoo.com/bdumkee