Re: [oletrucks] New Member

To: "Jill Knake" <jillknake@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New Member
From: "Dingo" <Dingo@centurytel.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:51:26 -0400
Welcome to the group!
  All replies are good ones. I second the "your truck"! You ultimately are
the one you'll have to please!. Besides the shop manual and owners manual,
go to your bookstore and pick up Classic Trucks and Custom Classic Trucks. 2
good magazines with a lot of good info. How-to articles for a certain truck
can pertain to many others. Featured trucks, though they may be "other"
brands, can have styling, custom, colors, modifications, that may catch your
eye and be applicable to your truck.
  Ever build a model car? Ertl does a '57 stepside (like mine), that can be
built your way. Combine other kits for different engines, wheels, etc. Sorta
like a full-size one, lol. The magazines have a slew of advertisers to
contact for catalogs too!!! Make a file on your computer, and a file drawer
at home for the info and catalogs you'll be saving. And enjoy, keep an open
mind and a sense of humor. My truck was all together at the time I bought
it, now resembles a full size model kit. Alas, priorities....

Ed in Mich
'57 3100