Re: [oletrucks] Motor mount question

To: "Ryan Sain" <rsain@gte.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Motor mount question
From: "Steve Hanberg" <steve@OldSub.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:21:26 -0700
Back in the fuel rationing days of the 70s I put 283 'power pack' heads on a
'68 350 which I ran in a '70 Blazer.  I used a small Holley card and a mild
cam, all trying to get intake velocity up, to improve responsiveness and
fuel economy.

No one cares too much about that today, but the point is that when I last
saw that '70 Blazer (in 1981 I think) it had a '68 motor and even older
heads...  When I bought it the original 350 was broken and in a box, and
there was a 283 under the hood.   Don't be surprised if you find your motor
doesn't match the car you took it out of...