[oletrucks] '55 Rear brakes

To: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>, "Ryan Sain" <rsain@gte.net>,
Subject: [oletrucks] '55 Rear brakes
From: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:49:57 -0700
Hello, All.

I'm building a '55 1st Series Chevy 1/2 ton and am planning to use the stock
rear end with the new engine and tranny.  Are there any slick upgrades for
the rear brakes?  Either modern drums or disc brakes would be okay with me.
Even though mine is an AD truck, I'm guessing this is the same rear end used
for the TF trucks.  (Open drive shaft, 14 bolts, 3:90 gears.)

If I make a rear brake change, will I have to scrap all the existing
emergency brake mechanism including the pedal in the cab?

Hope you all are having a great 4th of July.

Thanks.
Harry Spencer
1955 1st Series in a million pieces
Reno, NV