Fwd: RE: Re: [oletrucks] radio question

To: raymond.holland@gte.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: RE: Re: [oletrucks] radio question
From: "Old GMC Pickup" <truxrme@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 18:43:33 -0500
From: Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM <Karen.Duff@ctbrad.ang.af.mil>
To: "'Old GMC Pickup'" <truxrme@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Re: [oletrucks] radio question
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 12:38:20 -0000

53 chevy truck...i believe the radio was restored at some point, but i can't
be positive... Here is what I did to it...replaced the two cloth covered
wires with new wire...one wire for everything, light and power, made it
easier...then I had to use to NAPA voltage reducers to get the volts down
from 12 to 6...then I ran it to the ignition, accessory terminal...

Before i installed it, I placed it on the floor of the truck, ran a ground
from a screw on the radio to the dash...put the antenna in slightly...and it
worked...  but, when I placed it in the dash, without the spacers which are
now on order...it worked for a brief second and now doesn't...it powers up,
I can hear the hum...but that's it...

I appreciate any further advice you may have...  To be honest I have no idea
what you mean by positive and negative ground...