RE: [oletrucks] Buyer beware! (Vintage Air)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Buyer beware! (Vintage Air)
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 08:31:19 -0700 (PDT)
This is very timely info for me.

This past week I sent out inquiries to Old Air and Vintage Air on a system for
my
Suburban.  Old Air replied; Vintage Air did not.

They did confirm my suspicions that a rather cavernous TF Suburban in the South
(high
temperatures and very high humidity) will need both a front and rear unit to
decently
cool it.  Unfortunately, that will be about another $750 on top of the initial
$1000 or
so.  I think I won't even consider Vintage Air per what's been posted here the
last
couple of days.  That's alot of money to put into the Suburban when I get back
to it
this fall, but AC is a requirement and not an option.

I've finally given up on my full restoration up front and will instead go with
a rolling
restoration since I haven't been able to make any progress with my prior plan.
(Somewhere in the archives, there's a good run of jokes about "rolling"
restorations.)
It will still take me several months to get it to the point where it is
driveable.

This means that it will probably never get done to exactly the level I would
prefer but
at least I will get to use it.  It will now look more like a patchwork quilt in
metal...just perfect to get back to disgusting all of the middle aged women
around here
that drive Mercedes, Jags, Lexus, etc, etc and like to complain about people
who don't
drive respectable vehicles.  (Younger women and guys no matter what age or what
they
drive seem to like it.)  My neighbors can't put teeth in their complaints as
long as it
runs, is registered, and is insured.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban