[oletrucks] tilt steering column

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] tilt steering column
From: Robert Baird <bairdr@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:22:41 -0500
Now that my 54 P/u 1/2 ton is here safe in TEXAS!!!!!!!! :-P
I need to put a tilt steering column in it. Has anybody put one in using
the Original steering gear (BOX) if so what do you do to attach the new
column to the Original steering gear (BOX).
What do you do with the steering column Tube that is part of the upper
end of the steering gear (BOX) . I feel like you have to cut it but is
there a certain distance it should be?  Are there low seals in that tube
and should there be a seal where you cut it ? Help Help Help

Robert Baird FTW Texas
1954 1/2 at last, I have a Chevy O Boy
1926 1 ton F$$D
1923 T-Bucket F$$D with Mouse Motor