Re: [oletrucks] jeesh!!!!!

To: Alan Horvath <alan@alanhorvath.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] jeesh!!!!!
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 11:20:25 -0800
I have no issues what-so-ever resizing the photos, its really not a
problem, but had this offer from a few folks.  If sent to you then you sent
to me, thats another step in the process and i'd rather not do that... SO
thanks to all for the understanding and willingness to help. Thats what I
love about this group---always willing to assist.
 Some don't know how to resize,I understand this as we all do and know
different things in this world, and can't explain how to do it in all the
different models of camera, but its very simple to do in any picture
viewing software. All software as a "help" button at the top that will
explain the process-I know that can be confusing to some as well. Just
trying to figure out a middle of the road solution...  Problem stems from
email going through my chevytrucks.org POP email account. Some don't know
the process of web sites, but in a nutshell regarding this situation, I
have 5gig of bandwidth--everytime someone views the web site or i receive
via email, all the information that they call up and view goes out of the
server is measured in size, the size of this traffic goes against this 5gig
limit. THey don't measure incoming email but when I  receive it-its
measured as well..I have traced the largest majority of bandwidth
overcharges to email traffic---I may change over to using my bellsouth.net
POP account--ain't as cool as using chevytrucks.org in the email, but may
have to take this route.  This way any files coming and going to my email
will go through my bellsouth instead of my chevytrucks servers.
Other option is to set the file size limit at the server to reject emails
of say over 100K or so.  Hate to do this as i'd hate for folks to get
rejected emails as they may think the domain is inactive.
  Again, sorry for venting to the list on this and don't mean to seem that
its soley the list that is causing this, just a combination of many things.
Another option is to lower the quality and make all the photos smaller on
the web site, but I hate looking a photos and seeing them very small. Can't
see anything that way..
I'll be back home with the wife this weekend and away from this very very
unorganized facility i'm at , so maybe stress level will reduce somewhat.
I may just bite the bullet and go up to an 8 or 10gig account.....Thanks
guys and gals..
 --wayne

Thanks