[oletrucks] 292 question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 292 question
From: "Tom Lovejoy" <Tom_Lovejoy@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:03:56 -0800
   Howdy folks, I have a 47 2 ton COE with a later 292cu inch straight 6, 4
speed and a granny 4 speed hooked to that and a 2 speed rear end. Would you
happen to know what would be a good  max cruising rpm for the engine? I dont
use the freeway very often, when I do it will cruise at 52 mph at about 2,600
rpm's. I can cruise faster but at 3,000 rpm's it's sounds like it really
screming.
   I dont want to hurt anything and I was wondering what was about the max
cruising rpm recomeneded. I think I am ok at 52 - 55 mph but wanted to get
some opinions on it, thanks Tom.
      Tom Lovejoy
    47 2 ton COE