[oletrucks] Seat for 1950 AD truck

To: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>, <Mikecdk@aol.com>
Subject: [oletrucks] Seat for 1950 AD truck
From: "Thomas, Robert E." <RThomas@ButteCounty.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 17:49:10 -0800
All:

I rebuilt my seat in my 54 according to the article, and am generally
happy with the results.  I am going to pull the seat back apart and add
more lumbar support.

I'm 6' & 200#, so I'm not small.  The additional 3" was welcomed, and my
back does not ache from sitting in a hole.  However, although it is a
giant improvement over the stock seat construction, it is "not quite
right."

On my "to do" list is installing a step tank under the Rt side of my
flatbed, then pulling the stock tank out from behind the seat.  I will
then be faced with a choice.  Move the seat assembly back an inch or so
for more room, or use a pipe bender to incline the seat more.  I'll
probably do the latter.

I did my rebuild in 2 evenings for less than $60, so it is worth the try
before spending several hundred on a seat.

If I were to install comfortable modern seats, I'd look at the 94-97
Olds Aurora seats, or the seats with the integrated seat belts out of
the late model Cadillac CTS.  Both of these seats are EXTREMELY
comfortable, but they are buckets, so choose your passenger wisely.
>From what I've seen, the Dodge Dakota truck bench seat also fits.

My $.02.

RT