[oletrucks] Update: Suicide Doors

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Update: Suicide Doors
From: Ryan Sain <rsain@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:24:35 -0700
For those of you that are interested I have an update on the truck. I've
recently been working on installing suicide doors on Amy's 59. Driver side
went smooth - taking a total of 12 hours to complete (of course that's over
two months time) - still need to finish the passenger side.

Latest pics online at..
Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?Home=true&ProfileID=20110

I purchased the hinges online - but all the cutting, welding, bracing,
aligning and, of course, swearing is done at home. The door swings all the
way open (hinge travels a full 90 degrees from open to closed) - and fits
beautifully - no need to cut any of the door post off as was needed in the
"Truck Builder (November/December 2002 issue)" suicide door install.

So, moral of the story; with a little planning, tackling the suicide door
project is quite doable for anyone with basic fabrication and welding
skills. And it will likely only take a couple of weekends of hard work.

The rest of the truck build is still located at
http://www.wsu.edu/~rsain/apache.html and will be updated soon (couple of
weeks).

- Ryan