Re: [oletrucks] enginemounts

To: "Mark Treutelaar" <phoneman@ticon.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] enginemounts
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:34:07 -0400
I've seen photos of cracked and stressed frames where the owner bolts the
engine mounts to the inside of the frame and the actual engine mount was
facing downward, with the frame mounts sitting upward,  which the engine
sat down on these mounts causing stress cracks at the top of the bolt
heads. The weight constantly was at a downward pressure causing the frame
cracks at the top of the bolt heads where they met the frame. Don't know
what kind of weld in's your referring to but most vendors carry an engine
and tranny mounts that basically fit between the frame rails and the weight
is distributed on the tubular bar more that the inside of the frame.
Go here http://www.classicperform.com/5559chevtrk.htm
to see other options, the engine mounts are way at the bottom..  This is
for the 55cd and unsure if yours is 1st or 2cd series..  THey have the
tubular and weld in's.   --wayne