RE: [oletrucks] radiator

To: K50Chevy@aol.com
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] radiator
From: "Carl & Becky Ham" <the_hams@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 08:43:52 -0500
Ken:
A little more information about your truck and what you plan to use it for
would be helpful (are you restoring or resto-rodding?,  do you have air
conditioning?, do you drive in hot weather/cold weather?, and etc.).

I've bought many parts from Chevy Duty and have been pleased with their
quality and price.  My truck is a mild resto-rod with a 283 V-8 and 200 4R
auto trans, no air conditioning.  I have a Chevy Duty radiator with internal
trans cooler.  I've had no problems with my set-up, and run a 165 degree
thermostat.  I've driven in 95 degree plus heat in a parade (lots of
idleing) and not had an overheating problem.  I have a 5-blade engine belt
driven Flex-Fan and chrome fan shroud

Griffen and Walker also make good radiators for street rods and you can buy
them in various configurations, capacities and materials.  Think about how
you want your engine compartment to look, figure for the 'worst-case'
senario (hot ambient temperatures and air conditioning), and how souped-up
your 350 is going to be.  It's better to plan ahead and have alittle more
capacity than you need rather than have to buy another radiator in a couple
of years.

Hope this helps and Good Luck!!

Carl Ham
'56 Chevy Stepside Pickup