Re: [oletrucks] jim carter experience

To: wayne@chevytrucks.org, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] jim carter experience
From: Ie61pah@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 12:21:49 EDT
ATTENTION: JIM CARTER'S PEOPLE,,, wake up and smell the gear lube! Although
it's not a good business practice to put off any customer that has just paid a
fair price for parts that could have been bought at any of a dozen other
venders, it's really dumb to ignore the hand that helps feed you. Wayne has one
of
the top web sites for this industry, and I wonder just how much business Jim
Carter's has got from the links from Wayne's site. I also wonder how much
business they would get, if that link, and all the other links to them, from
guys
personal web sites, were to disappear.
 I'm not saying that Wayne is any more important that any of the rest of us,
but let's face the facts. Wayne does a lot for this sport of ours, and his
name should carry a little weight with vendors. If a vendor, (any vendor) will
allow a person like Wayne to fall through the cracks, it doesn't give much hope
for the "little guys" of this sport.
 Like Wayne said, maybe this was just a hiccup, in a normally good business,
but in this limited interest sport, a good vendor can't allow any hiccups, if
they want to survive. I hope for Wayne's sake, as well as future of Jim
Carter's, that the "powers to be" will take notice, and make things right, as
well
as review their policies, and practices.

Thanks Wayne, for sharing your adventure. (I felt like venting today too,
just a bad mood)

Pat Hollister
'58 step
West Burlington, IA.