[oletrucks] Pipe taps?

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Pipe taps?
From: "Devin Timmons" <hotrod64chevy@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:31:21 -0800
I have run across a problem on one of my old-car projects, and with all the
members out there, I figured somebody might know the answer.  I'm plumbing in
a heater I bought from Mr 40's and it's a very simple unit, with just 2 wires
and 2 tubes for coolant to run through.  The way it sits in my car I have to
come off of it with a quick 90 degree turn, and was thinking of using pipe
fittings, and cutting the threads into the tubes.  The tubes are exactly
.500".  Knowing that pipe threads are both tapered, and larger than normal
threads, can anybody suggest the proper method and size to use?

Thanks,

Devin 57 3100