Re: [oletrucks] Pipe taps?

To: hotrod64chevy@yahoo.com, oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Pipe taps?
From: Skyhookroth@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:46:16 EST
In a message dated 1/7/2005 1:30:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
hotrod64chevy@yahoo.com writes:

I have  run across a problem on one of my old-car projects, and with all  the
members out there, I figured somebody might know the answer.  I'm  plumbing in
a heater I bought from Mr 40's and it's a very simple unit,  with just 2 wires
and 2 tubes for coolant to run through.  The way it  sits in my car I have to
come off of it with a quick 90 degree turn, and  was thinking of using pipe
fittings, and cutting the threads into the  tubes.  The tubes are exactly
.500".  Knowing that pipe threads  are both tapered, and larger than normal
threads, can anybody suggest the  proper method and size to use?

Thanks,

Devin 57  3100

If your turn is tight, use "street elbows" and a adapter from 1/2 inch pipe
to 1/2 inch heater hose.

John Roth
3600 1950