[oletrucks] Another Mustang II question

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Another Mustang II question
From: "Spencer" <wits_end@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 21:50:14 -0800
I've got a crossmember kit installed in my '55 AD and have the spindles,
rotors, etc. all bolted up.  In finding a power rack and pinion for it I
learned a couple of interesting things.

 First, my local NAPA has the remanufactured units complete for about $130,
which is $40 less than the hot rod shops.

 Second, and here is where my question comes in, the NAPA guy said that they
have different part numbers for the power rack and pinion depending on the
years.  I think he said the part numbers were grouped  from 74 to 76, 77 and
78, 79 an 80, then 80 to 85.

The kit manufacturer says use 74 to 80 MII or Pinto.  I'm wondering what the
diferences are within those years, and what year I should buy. I'm assuming
that dimensionally, they are the same.

Thanks.
Harry Spencer
1955 Chevy 1st Series pickup