Re: [oletrucks] sandblaster questions

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] sandblaster questions
From: "Paul A. Thomas" <bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 13:54:52 -0800
While on the topic, I picked up a blasting cabinet form TP last year
however have found finding material for it locally is difficult. Might
anyone be able to recommend national chains that carry blasting media?
Or if you are local to the SF-Bay area perhaps a local store which does?

And what do folks prefer for blasting truck parts? I'm having to stay
with a tiny nozzle for now as I need to rewire my house before getting a
decent compressor ( I hope! ): I've used the Skat Magic 'sand' that
comes with the cabinet, and am trying to balance the ability to remove
rust and paint with the cost of the media.

Paul A. Thomas
'53 AEC Chevy 3/4 Ton
'53 REO M35 Fire Conversion

I use a TIP Blaster that holds 50 pounds of sand (I think it's a model
99). It has a "pull-up" fill stopper, not a threaded cap that gets hard
to open when sand gets in the threads.  It also has about 10' of hose,
which can be to short at times.  I've had it for 20 years and it works
great.  I looked TIP up on line www.tptools.com and didn't see the
"99'er" in there catalog...did they discontinue them?