[oletrucks] What plugs with HEI on my 6

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] What plugs with HEI on my 6
From: "Williams Grant Civ Det 2, 412 AMXS/MXA2T" <Grant.Williams@kirtland.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 16:19:40 +0100
Hello All,

I am having trouble tuning a new GMC 270. I am having poor performance from
the engine.

Using an S10 HEI from Landon's w/new spark plug cables and a Holley 390 CFM
(4brl). It has a Howard 260 cam, Fenton headers and 4brl aluminum intake
from Patrick's. I used suggested Champion plug type RJ18YC6 with the gap at
.050. Initial timing was at 10 advanced, float level set, and jets and idle
are set. The engine has less than 3 hours on it. Any suggestions?

Grant