[oletrucks] 55-59 door guts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 55-59 door guts
From: "K Ohlgren" <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:03:38 +0000
after a 18 mth hatius, I have started back on my truck. as my byline says
"the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...".

I am looking for a complete rebuild of the door glass seals. my truck hasn't
had anything since I've had it. can anyone tell me what vendor they have
used? Carters has a whole 2 door kit for $110, brothers has it piecemeal.
Brothers ($50 just for the window felt ea.) would be 2x the Carter's price.
any experience here you'd like to share?

I'm sending the cab and doors to be blasted soon. the door bottoms inside
need rust rehab. does 1 vendor make all the door bottom patch panels, to
where I buy the cheapest one? or are some patch panels better than others.

same with cab corner patches. everyone sells standard and deluxe versions
but show the same dimmensions. any difference here?

Kurt
58 3100 Apache project
the "Duracell Project" it keeps going... and going...