[oletrucks] sloppy window splined shaft

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] sloppy window splined shaft
From: "Alan and Linda" <alquin@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:19:44 -0800
Has any of you truck enthusiasts out there found a fix for loose(worn bushing
or flange?) shaft that your window winder handle turns. I' going to try make a
brass shim stock piece (flatstock around .020 thou.) I figured on making it
round to be a tight fit around the shaft and tap it along to go the flange
part the shaft comes thru. I don't want to take the regulator mechanism out or
try to find a better one . I'll do both doors on my 52 GMC half ton P|U. Any
ideas appreciated. I just want to eliminate some of the loosness in both
handles. They still operate te windows well.  Al Quin