[oletrucks] 1955-59 1 ton 8 lug front hub/axle wanted

To: Old_ChevroletGMCTrucks@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: [oletrucks] 1955-59 1 ton 8 lug front hub/axle wanted
From: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 02:19:49 -0700 (PDT)
hey guysi am looking for somebodies used worn out trashed, wreck yard
find.. used up old 1 ton part of an axle.
all i need is to take your favourite liquid wrench(torch) and go about
1 inch inward from kingpin area(or more) and whack off your whole hub
and kingpin and send it to me.
i will pay you for it AND pay shipping.

i need it mostly intact(intact enough to realize what size bearing it
uses and where to bolt up wheels and disc brake brackets.

i am FIRMLY resolved to makeing a disc brake setup for my 1 ton 55
second series dually camper.
and no-your axle does NOT need to be dually as i have 1 spare dually
bolt-on adapter i can use once to get teh right wheel mounting
location.
i plan to weld teh axle remainer to bracket on my steel bench, make a
jig where wheel would go and buy up a pile of wreck yard disc brake
hubs and go to town.

i MUST HAVE DISC BRAKES...
thanks for your help-and since i dont know if 47-55 1ton is same as
55-59 1ton i prefer 55-9 unless you smart guys tell me different(Nate?)
mark
nor-cal.

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222