Re: [oletrucks] Blew tranny on my 55 chevy truck

To: "MARK TREUTELAAR" <oldphones@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Blew tranny on my 55 chevy truck
From: "K M Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:26:07 -0700
Sounds more like a clutch disc problem?
Lee
----- Original Message -----
From: "MARK TREUTELAAR" <oldphones@sbcglobal.net>
To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2007 7:22 PM
Subject: [oletrucks] Blew tranny on my 55 chevy truck

> I had a bad day today. I was on the freeway  going 65 mph and I started
getting vibration . I looked down and my clutch pedal was down to the floor
. I coasted off to the side . I believe my clutch is shot . I also blew the
seal on my tranny. Im unsure of what happened but it doesnt look good. I had
just installed a 6clyinder tachometer and was at 2900 in 3rd gear going 60
to 65mph for about 30 miles . I have a 235 engine with a 3spd tranny . Im
unsure of the differential gearing. Did I push this tranny to hard?   That
is my question Im wondering about . It was almost 100 degrees today . Is
there an automatic transmission I could install on this 235 engine that
would just boltup ? If I did so would I also have to install a new sterring
column ? Any help would be appreciated