Re: [oletrucks] shop ceiling height

To: mark <ccpanel@yahoo.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] shop ceiling height
From: Bob Chansler <bobchansler@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:36:16 -0700 (PDT)
Mark,
You saw my shop a few years ago, but here's the stats to refresh your memmory.
It is 80x45. One 25 ft section is insulated with a 72k btu heater for winter
work. It has a 9 foot ceiling with 12 eight foot flourescent tubes.  I find the
height pretty good and you never have enough light.  The middle 25 ft section
of the shop is not insulated and has open beams with the flat part about 9 ft
tall. The left most 30 ft has 13 ft open beam ceiling. That is where the lift
is. The 2 post lift is 12 ft high. I like the 45 foot depth. The whole shop is
probably wider than necessary for my needs. There are no windows or skylights,
so it can get pretty dark in the back corners. I have to use halogen lights to
work even during the day with all the doors open.  I would probably have also
put  a door on the back wall so I could drive thru. This shop was here when I
bought the house (in fact I bought the house because of the shop).
The guy did spend a lot of money puting this together. It has 200 Amp service,
gas and phones. But, there is no plumbing or cable. (How's a guys suppose to
watch Trucks!) It is about 200 feet behind the house. I guess he thought it was
too much trouble to run plumbing and septic.
Hope that helps in your planning.
Bob Chansler
Mead, CO