Re: [oletrucks] Paint problems

To: oldphones@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint problems
From: K50Chevy@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 03:43:00 EDT
If it is a basic base clear, the pearl is mixed in the color as a toner. If
you have the paint code, call a local paint store and ask if they can print
you  a copy of the paint mix, it's usually fairly easy to do. I have mixed
paint
 before and I do know that PPG uses some powdered pearls but they are
generally mixed in with the paint. Is your color just a shade off or way  off?
Some
times there are variations of the same paint code. Sounds to me  like the
paint mix is off, or there is a variation of your color. Will the guy  at the
body
shop work with you at all? Maybe you could get him to shoot a test  color
panel for you and you two could see what it will take to make it right.  Maybe
they could try a little blue pearl in the clear coat and get the results  you
are looking for. Just my two cents worth, good luck. Bye,  Ken

fuel-efficient used cars.