[oletrucks] AD with HydraMatic

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] AD with HydraMatic
From: <dennis.mcgillis@mcgilliscompany.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 17:14:39 -0700
Hi Guys,

Since selling my '55 Cameo a couple of years ago I have been lurking on the
list, knowing someday I would buy an Advanced Design truck.

Now I'm looking at a decent '54 5-window with original HydraMatic but the
trans seems to have a problem and doesn't shift through all the gears when
cold. Manually shifting from 1-2 to 3-4 seems to work okay but that's not
the way it should work and it shudders if you don't.

Does anyone on the list know about these things? Is it as simple and cheap
as a band adjustment? As complex and expensive as a total rebuild?

Thanks and Happy 4th!
Dennis McGillis
949-533-7211 cell