Re: [oletrucks] 235 engine problems - another update

To: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>, "oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 engine problems - another update
From: "Kinderlehrer" <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 18:07:08 -0800
Just wanted to thank Mike, Robert, Devin, AJT and everyone else that
provided advice and give you all an update.  I went along wiwth the majority
of the advice and pulled the transmission first. Once I got the carpet out
from behind the heater - ok, I confess to going after it a bit with a razor
blade - it was pretty simple. I replaced 3 of the 4 bolts with guides
(longer bolts that I cut the heads off, actually) put the jack under it from
the front, had my friend push the jack as I pulled back on the trans from
inside and it slipped right out. Engine came right out with minor collateral
damage owing to the low garage door interference.

The biggest problem was breaking loose the flywheel bolts, they just did not
want to give up the ghost. Anyone know a source for replacement bolts and
those metal tab things that keep them from turning?

Thanks again for all your help,
Bob