Re: [oletrucks] 235 engine problems - another update

To: Kinderlehrer <Kinderlehrer@comcast.net>, Kinderlehrer
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 engine problems - another update
From: Mike B <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 22:27:00 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Hey Bob,

You'rs would be the first that I've seen retainers on the flywheel...for sure
they are not needed with proper torque...I wouldn't worry about them at all,
just torque the flywheel to spec, and run it.

I don't think the flywheel bolts (to the crank)  are special, just grade8
should be fine...it's the outer bolts holding on the pressure plate that have a
little "lip" up by the head of the bolt, that are important...any tranny shop
should be able to hook you up for those.