[oletrucks] Steering Column for 48 Pickup

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Steering Column for 48 Pickup
From: "Mike Sergesketter" <mserges@psci.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:09:10 -0500
Looking for some expert advice.....I need a steering column for my 48 3100.  I
have the original column with the steering box still attached.  The truck
suspension has been converted to an IFS with rack n pinion steering.  I have
been told that I can rebuild the stock column to use it with the rack or of
course I could by an aftermarket column or use a later model Chevy truck or
van column.  I want to keep the ignition on the dash.....If I rebuild the
stock column, how would I go about this and what are the pros or cons....if
anyone has had a good expereince with other options, I would like to hear
them...

Thanks, Mike