RE: [oletrucks] Steering Column for 48 Pickup

To: <mserges@psci.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Steering Column for 48 Pickup
From: Old Chevy Pickup <truxrme@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 22:55:07 -0600
Only way to go is a van tilt column out of a van, I have a few I can part with
if your interested let me know> From: mserges@psci.net> To:
oletrucks@autox.team.net> Subject: [oletrucks] Steering Column for 48 Pickup>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:09:10 -0500> > Looking for some expert advice.....I
need a steering column for my 48 3100. I> have the original column with the
steering box still attached. The truck> suspension has been converted to an
IFS with rack n pinion steering. I have> been told that I can rebuild the
stock column to use it with the rack or of> course I could by an aftermarket
column or use a later model Chevy truck or> van column. I want to keep the
ignition on the dash.....If I rebuild the> stock column, how would I go about
this and what are the pros or cons....if> anyone has had a good expereince
with other options, I would like to hear> them...> > Thanks, Mike> > oletrucks
is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959> > Your messages
not reaching the list?> Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html> > === Help
keep Team.Net on the air> === http://www.team.net/donate.html> > ===
http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool> === Other lists available at> ===