Re: Engine cranes

To: Bob Moore <mustang@best.com>
Subject: Re: Engine cranes
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 06:46:08 -0400 (EDT)
        Not the slightest bend pulling the MG engine and transmission
together. The benifit of a pipe over a rafter or other piece of wood is
that you don't have the possibility of a sudden failure. You will know if
the pipe will take the load by looking at it. A 1 1/2" pipe is very
strong, stronger in fact than a kids swing set which is made out of
tubbing which I also used a few times. The whole contraption including
come along and junk yard pipe cost about $27 dollars at todays prices.
...Art