RE: carry around tool kit.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: carry around tool kit.
From: David Scheidt <dmschei@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:28:27 -0500
>It'd be worth it for insurance to me to have a guaranteed tow back to my
>house with our used cars, but I can't see how AAA could make any money if
>many people actually got stuff towed even 50 miles...

By paying their contractors about half the open market price for
their services.
That tends to mean their contractors aren't the best.  Some of the
AAA contractors around here I wouldn't let look at my car, let alone
tow it.  (We had one towed away from us a few weeks ago by AAA.  Not
only did the Cletus not put tow lights on the car, he didn't use
safety chains, or even the straps for his wheel lift grid.  The car
was  held in place merely by gravity.)