Homemade Kwiklift

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>, "'Shop Talk'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Homemade Kwiklift
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:20:24 -0500
I am afraid that this is above my skill level (no welding ability), but I
found this link to some pictures of a homemade Kwiklift

http://hotrodders.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=12551

I keep thinking that I could build one out of wood, but don't have the
background to know for sure that I am supporting the weight correctly.  I do
know that I could build the ramps out of two stacked 2 x 12 x 16 for each
side, and stagger them on the ends and it would hold the weight, it's the
supports and the two cross members (especially the one for the lift) that is
over my confidence level.

I sure would love to have one of these in the garage, the budget just won't
allow the real thing (http://www.kwiklift.com/)

Patton

Patton Dickson - Richmond, TX
'57 A-H 100-Six - http://Austin-Healeys.com