Re: Homemade Kwiklift

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Homemade Kwiklift
From: Derek <dereklola@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 13:35:33 -0700 (PDT)
I don't understand (nothing new in that).

1 - If you have to use a trolley jack anyhow why not just
use jack stands (axle stands). Much better access without
the ramps in the way.

2 - The height underneath seems to me the worst of both
worlds. It's not high enough to stand or sit under and yet
it's so high you have work with arms outstretched.
Something about 6" lower would seem much more comfortable
to me. And still the **** ramps are in the way.

3 - are these kwiklifts for temporary use (like oil
changes) - or for extended use (like major mechanicals or
renovations)? If the latter you really would appreciate
getting the ramps out of the way. Since you're using a
trolley jack anyhow why not take off the wheels (even more
workspace) and make up large A-frames that bolt on instead?
Great stability and great access.

What am I missing?

Kwiklifthttp://hotrodders.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=12551