Re: [Shop-talk] Generator thread

To: "Randall" <>,<>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Generator thread
From: "David C." <>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 14:35:05 -0700
I'm just glad it starts and runs....I'm reluctant to dink with it.  I don't
think there is much in the way in adjustment on the carb; I just try to
keep the oil changed, linkages lubed and everything working the way it's
supposed to.  I have already had to repair the fuel pump once; I had to
plug up a broken port and use another one.  If I keep it I should get a
full set of spares for it, I suppose; fuel pump, carb parts, and so on,
although I could provably rig a gravity feed for the fuel if need be.

At 02:22 PM  9/30/2007  -0700, Randall wrote:
> > Any thoughts or feedback?
>Have you tried giving the old Onan a tune-up, especially adjusting the
>mixture ?  A gallon/hour sounds kind of high even if it's loaded to the full
>8 kW.
>Shop-talk mailing list

Shop-talk mailing list