Re: [Shop-talk] Generator thread

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Generator thread
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 15:04:27 -0700
> I don't think there is much in the way in
> adjustment on the carb;

Could be, I'm no expert.  But my mid-70s vintage 4.5kW Onan had adjustments
for both low and high throttle (what would be idle and main jets on a car).

> I have already had to repair the fuel pump once

After seeing what pump parts cost, I switched to a little Facet "electronic"
instead.  I got it for $10 on flea-bay, but even a new one is less than a
dealer wanted for a rebuild kit.  Since it was mounted in a motorhome above
the fuel tanks, gravity feed wasn't an option for me.

Randall