Re: [Shop-talk] Generator thread

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Generator thread
From: Brad Kahler <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 19:03:24 -0500
Actually one gal/hr seems low.  The specs for one of the 10kw Onan
gensets that I have is 1.8 gal/hr so for a 8kw to use only one gal/hr
I'm somewhat surprised.

Everything I've heard says it takes pretty much the same energy to
create a set kw no matter the size of engine.  Diesel uses less gal/hr
than gas but gas uses less gal/hr than propane or natural gas.  Natural
gas is the least efficient to use but is easiest to get during a power
outage.

Our 15kw onan is setup for propane since we don't have natural gas in
our area.

Brad