Re: [Shop-talk] trimmer recommendations?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trimmer recommendations?
From: "Jack Brooks" <jibjib@att.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 18:36:26 -0700
Ok, so I've been a bit embarrassed to respond, but here we go.

I needed a new trimmer, but the big names just seemed pricey.  In a moment
of weakness, I picked up a Maruyama trimmer at Costco about four years ago.
Nice big 2 cycle engine, trimmer only, I think it was $79, so I figured I'd
get a few years out of it.  It's still going strong, I try to empty the tank
each year, but definitely empty the carb.  It starts every time and runs
like a champ.  The string feed mechanism is not the greatest, so I'm
replacing it this year, but otherwise, a stupid simple and consistent
device.

The only real downside is that it's kind of a royal blue; real wimpy color.
. . . . <grin>

Jack