Re: [Shop-talk] trimmer recommendations?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] trimmer recommendations?
From: Jimmie Mayfield <mayfield+shoptalk@sackheads.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 08:30:11 -0400
A few years ago I found a used Stihl FS85 on ebay for $cheap.  It had
seen a lot of abuse but seeing how Stihl's engines are designed pretty well
I took a chance and bought it.  Rebuilt the carb and replaced the fuel
lines and throttle cable and now it works fine.  It's a bit over-powered for
use around the house but it did a good job clearing out fence rows on my
parents' farm.

My only problem with this guy is the fuel tank grommets don't make a tight
seal so it will leak around the fuel lines if turned on its side.  Seems the
lines need to be just a hair thicker...