[Shop-talk] (no subject)

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] (no subject)
From: "Mark Miller" <markmiller@threeboysfarm.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 21:17:38 -0700
<<<

I'm planning on installing 3/4" black iron piping for air in my garage.

I notice horrible freight has 1/2" to 1" threader set on sale for $20.

Anyone use this before? Ok for (very) occasional use?

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94101

Put my name down in the "didn't even get one thread cut before it snapped in
two" column.

I wanted it so I could cleanly turn a couple of corners when installing a
gas pipe.  Ended up getting a few long pieces pre-threaded, a few lengths
that got it close, and a bunch of small nipples and couplers that I chose to
fit at the end.  If I was better at it I'd know how much to allow at each
joint, but am too far from the stores to have that make sense.  Measure
once, but twice what you need, curse thrice.

My next pipe project is air in the garage.  I bought an old Ridgid half inch
threader on ebay for the same price as the crap set from HF and it will go
to my son when I die.

Mark Miller

Sebastopol, CA