Re: [Shop-talk] Little Giant - was Multimaster tool

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Little Giant - was Multimaster tool
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair1948@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 10:50:49 -0400
At 08:43 AM 7/10/2008 -0500, Pat wrote:

>I Like the idea of the Little Giant, but I am too frugal (OK, CHEAP) to
>spend that kind of money on a ladder. I found that Werner ladders has a
>very similar 17' ladder (MT-17) for less than $100. I used one and found
>it to be very sturdy. I needed something a taller, so I bought their 22'
>model (MT-22) fir about $180.

Pat,

I got the Little Giant 22'.  When the did the demo at Costco, you got several
addon's at no cost. :)  I got the wheels, the standing platform, a hanger,
and a couple of other things, but I don't remember what they are or do.
I've only used the ladder once since we got it.

The standing platform is well worth the mone, and really makes working on
the ladder a lot nicer!

Yes I agree with you about the price.  I think we paid right at $300.  The
Little Giant is a little lighter at about 35#.  But I'll tell you, after a
day of
working on something, I had a lot of trouble picking it up and moving it
around.  I guess I'm getting a lot weaker the older I get.  (Now 60.)

But if I had to replace all the ladders I currently have (which the wife
wants
me to try and sell) a 6' & a 12' A frame, and a 15' and 30' extension ladder
I'm sure I'd end up about with what I've got in the Little Giant.

>One nice feature of the ladder I bought is that it came with an extra pair
of
>hinges so that the ladder could be broken down into two 5' step ladders for
>use with a walk plank or as separate ladders. I've used that feature several
>times while working on job sites.

The Little Giant does the same thing.  Haven't used that feature yet.

Costco, has a smaller, lighter weight, less expensive version of the Little
Giant
also.

John

Va. Beach, Va