Re: This list and us...

To: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Subject: Re: This list and us...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 1997 21:30:17 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Les Myer wrote:

> >I hope that since this is such a (small) subset of the Healey/MG lists
> >we won't have the same problems.
>
> I agree.  I don't know about the MGs, but I bet there are far more Sprites
> than big Healeys - yet a few dominated the Healeys list.  The truth of the
> matter is that we still are a very large and diverse group.  We now have our
> own forum for our shared interest in these great little cars.  The danger of
> splitting off from parent groups is that (in general) some people will try
> to set themselves apart in the new group, attempting to consider themselves
> unique and better than the rest - it's human nature (and to be expected).
> Before, we all were the underdogs - right now there hasn't been any defined
> yet. My hope is that no specific Spridget owners will try to convince
> themselves of superiority by putting down another year, marque, or degree of
> modification/correctness on this list.  We should have learned something by
> now....
>
> So, I implore you to not tolerate such behavior in this forum - then maybe,
> just maybe we can all be one big happy family.
>
> Les Myer

Les

You called us the "underdogs"
Truth of the matter is that Spridget people are "REAL" down to earth
friendly people. The following is a quote from a good friend of mine who
owns a big Healey. It was said at Sprite Bash 93.

"You Sprite guys are truly genuine down to earth people, you take parts
off you own car to fix a total strangers car! You can open someone elses
bonnet with out them having a fit!  Nobody is trying to stab anyone in
the back. And you have fun with your little cars!"

I didn't say it, I'll just never forget it!

--
Frank A Clarici 3rd
Too many LBCs