Re: The Toyota 5-speed kit

To: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: The Toyota 5-speed kit
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 18:02:51 -0500
Cc: Sprite list <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

--

Patton, and Listers

I have the Austrailian Toyota kit. I installed it in my A40.
I could not get it to fit a Sprite. Well I could if I did some serious
cutting and fabricating. I had to cut a lot of tunnel out of the A40 for
this tanny conversion.
The Sprite got the Datsut setup. Piece of cake installation, no cutting,
just a little upwards denting of the battery try, nothing that wouldn't
happen naturally when you pull an engine.

Besides, Delos (the Aussy co. who made the kit) no longer makes the
Toyota kit. It was originally made for the Morris Minor, a much bigger
car.
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites
http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut