Re: The Toyota 5-speed kit

To: "Willy Briones" <Wilfredo.Briones@Ebay.Sun.COM>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The Toyota 5-speed kit
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 17:22:41 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
All said and done, I think that the Datsun kit is still the beter choice.
$300 for the 210 tranny from Mini mani is still not that bad.  Read Franks
comments about the Assie kit.

Try finding a parts yard that is electronically linked to one of the salvage
yard networks.  They can usually track it down for you.  I understand the
problem that you are having, it's got to be cost prohibitive to have a BIG
salvage yard in the bay area.

By the way, it's not a B210, just a 210. those are different transmissions,
and the B210 will not work.

You may need to get on the phone early Saturday morining and call ver yard
in a 150 mile radius.  You can use www.bigbook.com to track a bunch of them
down.

If there is some way to work the 5-speed kit into my budget, I will.  The
front end work has been quite a blow to the wallet though.  And I still have
the engine and rear bodywork to go.

Good luck

Patton