Re: Distributor for 1500

To: Dave Brown <davebrown1@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Distributor for 1500
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 22:44:21 -0500
Cc: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Dave Brown wrote:
>  Chilton's indicates that the '75 model had
> vacuum advance. Does anyone know if this is so? Frank?

  Not mine. Perhaps not original, but my car seems to match
the manuals as well.

> If all Lucas 1500 distributors are retarded, then Michael, I have an
> extra one that I could part with for a small sum, should you be
> interested.

  If that's what you really want, put in an advance diaphragm. It's
the same thing except the vacuum connection is on the other
side.

  Although there would be gains to be made from a new
curve, it would have to be thought out a bit. I doubt it would
be optimal to simply switch to some other distributor
or swap the vacuum unit.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada