Re: Outer fulcrum pin removal

To: "Steve Obert" <sobert@snet.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Outer fulcrum pin removal
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 22:26:14 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi, Steve.  I had the same problem when I was rebuilding my front
suspension.  I broke several large impact screwdriver bits before I gave up
and made a special tool from a large bolt.  I ground down the shank of the
bolt into a flat-blade screwdriver shape to fit the slot of the fulcrum pin
and used a socket to turn the bolt head.  It wasn't easy, but eventually it
came out.  Some heat and penetrating oil helps to persuade it.  Good luck!

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009 G    "OO NINE"

----------
> From: Steve Obert <sobert@snet.net>
> To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> Subject: Outer fulcrum pin removal
> Date: Thursday, December 18, 1997 9:25 PM
>
> Does anyone have any wiz bang tricks for getting a siezed outer fulcrum
pin
> out. I am taking about the pin from the lower control arm to the king
pin.
> I tried about everything I can think of and it still refuses to budge.
It