Re: Outer fulcrum pin removal

To: "Steve Obert" <sobert@snet.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Outer fulcrum pin removal
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 97 11:00:43 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Does anyone have any wiz bang tricks for getting a siezed outer fulcrum pin
>out. I am taking about the pin from the lower control arm to the king pin.
>I tried about everything I can think of and it still refuses to budge.  It
>seems to be stuck in the kingpin.
If you a talking about the horizontal pin at the bottom of the kingpin it
"unscrews" from the A-arm. But first you have to remove a lock pin. the
lock pin is a tapered pin that has a little nut on the bottom (towards
the ground when in the "normal" position. Remove that nut and drive the
lockpin out. The try to "unscrew" the fulcrum pin. I had to take mine to
a machine shop and have them get it out. I broke 3 BFscrewdrivers and
4bits for an impact driver. Put new ones in. I think about 18 bucks ea.
(Do not quote me on that) I think they come in the Fulcrum kit as well.
Good Luck

Larry Macy
78 Midget