Re: Outer fulcrum pin removal

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Outer fulcrum pin removal
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 23:25:55
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
At 09:25 PM 12/18/97 -0500, Steve Obert pleaded:
>Does anyone have any wiz bang tricks for getting a siezed outer fulcrum pin
>out. I am taking about the pin from the lower control arm to the king pin.
>I tried about everything I can think of and it still refuses to budge.  It
>seems to be stuck in the kingpin.

Steve, I ended up attacking the kingpin itself with an angle grinder and
basically ground the kingpin off of the fulcrum pin (but then again, I
already had purchased new kingpins).  That is a last-ditch procedure,
because it's easy to gouge the A-arms with the grinder, and then you're
REALLY in a pinch.

I had tried the heating and penetrating oil routine, but after a couple of
weeks realized thet all the heat I was having to apply was ruining the
kingpins anyway.  Out came the grinder.

Hope yours doesn't come to this...

Chris Kotting
ckotting@iwaynet.net