RE: Outer fulcrum pin removal

To: "'Steve Obert'" <sobert@snet.net>
Subject: RE: Outer fulcrum pin removal
From: Dave Formstone <dformsto@compusmart.ab.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 21:26:46 -0700
Cc: "'Sprite list'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
First off the basics, did you remove the taper pin? If so then the only way I
know to break it loose is with heat. If you can hold the fulcrum pin from
turning with a good large screwdriver then apply heat from an acetylene torch
to the bottom of the king pin. Using the kingpin as a lever work it up and down
against the screwdriver. You will probably need lots of heat if it is frozen
tight. Another thing I have had success with is spaying it with nutsoff or some
similar penetrating oil while it is still hot. This should only be done in a
very well ventilated area. If using this method keep the heat down so as to
prevent the oil from combusting.
Good luck let me know how you make out.
Dave Formstone
1960 Bugeye